Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Jodhpur

There is an immense attachment to one's place of origin as I can see, which I somehow find with difficulty in me.
I have lived in a place that could never be called my 'home' town. But, what I have in memories, is the image of a city (Jodhpur) from a child's eye. I left that place before I developed this kind of attachment, yet the place gets me crazy.

In every vacation, I get sometime out to visit Jodhpur, for even 48 hours.
I go to my old school, and its new building, sitting with friends late in the night around 2am ( we can have stay at each others place anytime, and this is kind of freedom which one rarely enjoys) bringing old school things to discussion, our cycle stunts, race against bikes, or roaming late in the night with(out) cycle even. I miss long drives on my scooter on good Sunday mornings. We go to the park, where we had never been to in school days thinking it to be a place for old people, and spend time just like a family, when everyone is leaving to different cities the very next morning. We are roughly a group of 5-6 friends all of them very close to me, and its exactly like having some old books remaining in your cupboard after the storm has passed by and left nothing else.

I miss the place like a kid when his toy is broken, I miss the place like someone behind the bars, I miss the life there.

For 3 years now, I go to a different place in vacations which will never accept me or rather can never accept me.
Father got to do work here and the social life is somehow different. People here are good, nature is kind, resources are enough, but it does not smell like Jodhpur. It has no people from Jodhpur, there is no Air Force ground, there is no Kendriya Vidyalaya, there is no Meeri Peeri Juice centre, there is no Polo Ground, there is nothing which I collected from my childhood days to keep as memories only to realise that they will be memories forever.

Folks, love your city, love your country not for the sake of good words, but for the sake of our hearts, for the sake of memories, just love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment