Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dream Weekend

Considering the availability of academic off-days in early days of running semester, it comes to the traveler inside me to dream of a highly systematic, planned tour of a few places around Mumbai. Quite normal it may appear, for it is actually so, but still it thrills me.

I generally do not plan my trips*. They are generally a consequence of surfing/chat/boredom though with a considerable degree of contribution from the actual wish to see a particular place, or to have an adventure tour. Rest of them come from the group activities in campus.

* Considering the one day constraint in most of the cases, and the existence of similar places in city, one generally prefers to have an adventure trek or a beach visit for a weekend.

So looking upon previous outings over the weekends, I realized that amount of time and energy invested on them were not worth. So now I wish to have something like I am going to detail further.

My Travel Book

Start: Saturday, 29th August 09
Finish: Sunday, 30th August 09

Saturday
3 am - Departure from Institute, Mumbai
5 am - Panvel
The drive, food and fuel = 7hrs
12noon - Arrival at Mahabaleshwar
Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani, food, rest etc = 2 hrs
2 pm - Departure from Mahabaleshwar
The drive, fun, random = 6 hrs
8 pm - Ratnagiri
Stay at MTDC Resort, Ganpatipule Next morning

Sunday
3 pm - Leaving Ganpatipule
With food, fuel and random = 10 hrs
Close to midnight, Back to Institute, Mumbai

All I need is a Vehicle in good condition and at least One Companion :)
and I hope external factors not to dominate up-to any disturbing extent at the beginning.


--


No comments:

Post a Comment